XO HOme

Tis the season right? I love giving gifts. Love putting thought into buying for someone. Not so fond of the mad Christmas town rush though. I tend to stay clear of that. In fact I have nearly completed my Christmas shopping. All online. Makes it easy when you have fabulous online stores such as XO Home to shop at. We were lucky enough to have a chat with owner Sarah about behind the scenes at XO Home.


Tell us a little about XO Home.

The idea of owning my own business had been working away in my head for many years and after getting married in March I decided it was time to take the plunge!  The hour long commute each way from East Auckland to Ponsonby was wearing thin and the time felt right.


Having worked in the homeware industry for many years and in various positions from buyers assistant, working in home staging to retail and office manager I have gained a lot of knowledge and experience.
 
I wanted to provide something different to what was currently on the NZ market and made the decision to sell only products that are from independent suppliers.  Most of the business I work with only consist of themselves or a small team of 5 - 10 people.  Being a small business myself I wanted to support other small businesses.


Where does your inspiration come from?
 
My inspiration comes from magazines, blogs, Pinterest and the world around me. I am an avid magazine reader, my husband despairs at the pile of magazines around our house!  I regularly read Inside Out, Fete Press, Frankie, Your Home and Garden and Homestyle.

My current favorite blogs are Fancy! NZ Design Blog, The Design Chaser, Milo and Mitzy, Studio Home and The Design Files.


XO Home is always evolving and the constant hunt for new and interesting suppliers has lead to a slightly unhealthy addiction to Instagram. There are so many wonderful new businesses popping up on there.  I also love trawling Etsy and easily get lost, wondering an hour later what I was originally looking for!  Pinterest is also a great time waster, ahem business tool!    
 
I hear ya Sarah. Thanks so much for your time. How cool would the above products be as Christmas gifts? Im lusting after those salt and pepper dishes. Very rad indeed! Pop over here and get that Christmas shopping under way would ya?
 
Amy x

Annabell Kutucu

I have always adored Annabell Kutucu hence the reason I am head over heels for this newly transformed apartment in Vienna...